Sunday 3 December 2017

Navigation Improvements

Hi all.

I'm making a couple of changes to the blog to hopefully make navigating it easier. The changes are:

Series

From now on, all 'series' caps will include links within the post to all the other relevant parts. So far this has only been done for the Hangover in Heels series. Over the next few weeks I'll be going through old captions and adding this for those, too.

Tags

I want to make the tag cloud more useful for finding the captions you're actually interested in. To achieve this, I've done a few things:

  • Declutter: I've removed a bunch of tags that were not interesting to search on and used very infrequently (things like 'gang', 'sport' and 'twin').
  • New tags: I've added new tags for different items of clothing. So if you want captions featuring dresses, lingerie or boots you'll be able to find these with ease.
  • Consistency: I've nailed down definitions for the tags that are remaining so I can use them consistently going forward. For example, 'transformation' will now only be used for captions where a person's body is fully transformed either by magic or surgery.  Again, this will include going back through old captions (which I've already started doing). The tags that I felt were worth explaining are talked about here.
 Any feedback is appreciated - do you find the blog easy to use? Are there any tags you'd want to see added or anything else I could do to make things smoother to navigate?

~Em

1 comment:

  1. I think the changes you've outlined have been well thought out and should enhance the search process and the blog experience as a whole. It's good to see changes and improvements on an ongoing basis. Keep up the good work and the wonderful caps!

    KG

    ReplyDelete